The mission of the Nanaimo Disc Golf Club is to:
- Promote the development of disc golf and other disc activities through organization, cooperation, and competition.
- Be responsible for all course-related matters, such as future planning, course improvement, course design, basket placement and local tournaments in the Nanaimo Regional District.
- Serve as a working partner with the City of Nanaimo on all disc golf course-related issues and activities.
- Organize and coordinate the efforts of member volunteers to increase the quality and quantity of disc activities in Nanaimo.
- Provide information on disc golf and other disc related activities.
- Educate its members and the community on the benefits and joy of “disc play”.
- Emphasize safety by encouraging all players to ensure, as best possible, that other park users are clear of potential disc flight paths before throwing.