While the NDGC calls Bowen Park their home, this is not the only course in the Nanaimo area. To address the ever increasing popularity of Bowen Park, and the congestion created in the summer months, some of the members have built auxiliary courses in the surrounding areas. Doumont is one that has a solid interest guiding it, and offers a degree of challenge that even the most seasoned pro would appreciate!
As with any course, please be mindful of your surroundings – disc golfers are not the only people in the area. Locals and visitors frequent these spots as they are situated amongst a number of great walking and hiking trails. We also ask that you follow the practice of: what you pack in, you pack out. Let’s keep these courses clean so they can be appreciated by all.
Whether it’s light out or not, you can expect to see us there. It’s also where we claimed the 2012 Island Team Challenge Danley Cup!
It’s recommended that you either park your vehicle on the north side of the parking lot, or closer to the Gazebo on the south side. Discs tend to gravitate toward shiny objects. The first hole is on the opposite side of the park, closest to Bowen Road. You’ll see a large sign that has the course map by the first tee pad.
- Par 54 | 3,974 ft | Course Map (coming soon)
- There are 18 holes with standard (blue/short) and alternate (white/long) tee pads.
- All tee pads are clearly marked.
- Some baskets have alternate pin locations, and change based on the season and for events.
- There are water taps located by the upper gazebo, between the tennis courts, by the volleyball pits, and by the horseshoe pits – remember stay hydrated on those hot summer day!
- Washrooms are available at the main complex near hole #4, and off the back of hole #9 in the white building.
- The upper gazebo is located across from the pool by the main entrance, and another is opposite the washrooms off hole #9, just down the hill. If you would like to use one for an event, be sure to check with the park authorities to ensure that they’re not already reserved.
- Garbage cans are located on holes #1, #4, #5, and #10. PLEASE KEEP THE COURSE CLEAN!
More About the Course
Pryde Vista Golf Course is located at 155 Pryde Ave in Nanaimo. From BC-1 to Nanaimo; turn west onto Comox Road. Drive 1.6 miles (becomes Bowen Rd) to a left on Pryde Ave. Follow Pryde Ave to the end. The course is on the corner, on the right.
- Par 58 | 6,850 ft | Course Map (coming soon)
- There are 18 holes (baskets).
- Tee times are mandatory, maximum 4 people per card. Please arrive before your tee time and be ready to start playing on time. Call Pryde Vista to book: 250-753-6188.
- Cost: $8 for NDGC members (show your bag tag at the office), $10 non- members. Second round is $5.
- All golf greens are out of bounds, throw from last point of entry with one penalty stroke. Do not throw from the greens!
- All sand traps are out of bounds, play from lie with one penalty stroke and rake trap afterwards.
- All ponds are out of bounds.
- Washrooms are located inside the club house.
- Please remember that we are guests on private property; respect the course grounds and staff, and pack out what you pack in.
More About the Course
- Pryde Vista Golf Course Facebook
The Doumont Disc Golf Course is located at 4220 Biggs Road, Nanaimo. From Hwy 19 turn onto Jingle Pot Road at the Mostar Road intersection. Continue on Jingle Pot Road 200m and turn right on Biggs Rd. Go 3.2km up a long hill to the parking area with a gate on the left. Extra parking is available up the road on the shoulder past the Doumont Road turnoff.
- Par 57 | 6,049 ft | Course Map (coming soon)
- 18 holes (tonals).
- Tees and tonals are not always clearly marked. A spotter is helpful.
- Rugged terrain, long holes with interesting elevation and 2 water holes in play.
- Watch out for dog walkers.
- There are no services or washrooms.
- Pack out what you pack in.